Once you know the location of the project in GitHub, it's easy to create a version to begin work on locally. Simply follow these steps.
1. Open Terminal (Mac Users)
2. Navigate to the root folder (ex: lets go to our desktop): cd ~/Desktop
3. Create a folder for our project (ex: let's name it GitProject): mkdir GitProject
4. Go to the folder we just created: cd GitProject
5. Download the Git Project into our folder: git clone --bare (url of the project -- no parenthesis)
That's it. You now have a local working version of the GIT project. Happy coding.